Monday, September 26, 2011

Talk To Me

So I'm working on this series about leading women on wall street. A totally softball kind of interview. How did you get to your current position, challenges, journey, etc.Really easy, light stuff. I've been identifying various women in key jobs at many wall street and finance firms. Then sending out emails to their media contacts. Then I wait. Then I send out follow up emails. I can't believe how hard it is to find women that will talk to me.

Like I said - this is easy stuff. I'm not asking them about sex harassment or why their company is losing money. But these requests have gone to a black hole. No, this isn't a Forbes list, which my guess is that if it was I'd hear back from them. But really ladies. Nothing? Radio silence. Crickets chirping.

In my research, I found quite a few women are in leading jobs on Wall Street, but you wouldn't know it cause they are deathly afraid to talk to the media. I even reached out to a Women on Wall Street conference to try to join up with them to do a story. nada. zilch.

So if you think there aren't women in key jobs on wall street - you are wrong. Will you ever read about them? Probably not. Not unless its a Forbes list I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment