Wednesday, September 14, 2011

They Are Executives - They Just Happen To Be Women Too.

With the departures of Carol Bartz as Yahoo! CEO and the loss of Sallie Krawcheck at Bank of America, I was asked to do a piece on women executives getting axed. Certainly there were plenty of those pieces out there. It was low hanging fruit. But I hated the idea of such a piece. Why can't they just be executives that got canned? Why did the focus have to be that they were women? I get that there are few women in that role. I have been trying like crazy this month to find a female CEO to interview and have been roundly rejected. But can't we move on and treat them like any other executive?That's what they are - they just also happen to be women.
Separately, I loved that carol said, "They fucked me." There was so much shock that she said that. Guess what guys, that's how we talk. I can't count how many times I've heard a female executive claim that at bonus time or say that when they were the only person to get laid off in a department. Yup, that's how we talk. She just had the  balls to say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment